With the GR80 Salt, the product developers from Greys present a successor to their long-standing, highly successful model for saltwater fishing. This rod also relies on the proven Powerlux Blank, which has also been updated for the new generation. The highly modulated “3M Powerlux 1000 Resin” combines speed with power – exactly what one expects from a rod for hard use in salt. And it does not matter if you’re looking for Sea Trout on the Baltic Coast with a class #7 rod, or if you’re chasing Tarpon in the Caribbean with a class #12, the GR80 is a great option. The blank is lightweight, yet offers a lot of power, which you need for fighting strong fish which inhabit saltwater environments. The GR80 allows high line speeds and the tightest loops, which can cut through strong winds. Over all casting distances, this rod shines with precise presentations and shoots your line to the horizon with ease.
The GR80 Salt is equipped with 100% corrosion-free components, such as chrome-plated guides and snake rings, and a hand-crafted double lock-nut reel seat that keeps your fly reel safe and secure. Section markings on each of the four sections facilitate precise ferrule alignment. The AAA cork grip completes the performance appearance of this saltwater series perfectly. In short: The Greys GR80 Salt is fully recommended for both cold and warm saltwater fisheries – a real asset in its price range!
- Saltwater fly rod with fast action
- 3M Powerlux 1000 Resin Carbon Blank
- Nano technology offers strength and durability with low weight
- Markings on blank for ferrule alignment
- Corrosion-resistant snake rings and stripping guides
- Class AAA cork and composite hybrid grip
- Full Wells grip with fighting butt
- 2-piece anodized aluminum reel seat with carbon insert
- All components are suitable for saltwater use
- Cordura transport tube with subdivisions for the individual rod pieces
- 4-piece construction
- Length of transport tube: 81cm